MarvelousEssays Review: Closer Look at This Writing Company
- Best for High School students
- Fast Delivery Option
- 24/7 support
- Free Title page
- Best for College Students
- Money Back Guarantee
- Writers ESL
- Writers EFL
We named our website I Hate Writing for a reason. One of the biggest complaints students have, no matter what their schooling level, is the number of written assignments they get – everything from essays to papers, to book reviews, to case studies, and much more. Students hate these for any number of reasons:
- They just do not have enough time to do them all well, and their grades suffer
- They literally dislike some of the required courses they must take and have no motivation to put in the time and effort to produce writing assignments from those courses
- They know they lack good writing skills, and every such assignment is a full struggle
- They don’t have good time management skills, and assignments pile up. Then nothing is done well.
We know there is academic writing help out there, and so do today’s students. So, they search for online writing companies that can take on the assignments they don’t want to or can’t do. The problem is this: there are thousands of these services, and students don’t know what to look for or even how to go about checking them out for quality and professionalism.
We do this work. Among lots of other resources we offer to students, we investigate online writing services, get to the truth about them, and then summarize our findings in full review summaries. So, students can read our summaries and make a much better decision about which ones to use.
This MarvelousEssays review is just one of the hundreds of investigations we have done and will continue to do.
We look for clear and transparent pricing, so there are no surprises later on. MarvelousEssays does provide this to its website visitors. We can say two things upfront. Costs are higher than average, and there are a number of offsets which we will address.
To get to pricing, students have a couple of options. There is a quote form that will let them choose a task from the drop-down menu and see an estimated price. There is also a link to “prices” in the hamburger menu, and this will bring up charts that give a larger overview of costs. We are giving a few examples from these charts.
- If students can give an 11-day delivery requirement, they can get essays for $12.99 a page if they are in high school. Prices increase with academic levels and shorter deadline specifications. A doctoral student can expect to pay up to $63 a page if he has an urgent short time frame for completion.
- Research papers at the university level are priced at $23.50 a page with a 7-day delivery requirement.
- The MarvelousEssays chart for editing and proofreading shows lower prices, but they are still higher than average.
MarvelousEssays freely admits that its prices are higher but justifies them with the statement that it has more expert researchers and writers.
There are discounts offered by MarvelousEssays. We are a bit confused about new customer discounts. Depending on the page we read, they ranged between 22 – 25%. And if an order exceeds 30 pages, there are discounts that range from 5 – 15%.
Students also have options to add to their initial orders. These are presented at the checkout process, and each one will add to the final price. These extras include a UK writer, higher levels of writers, abstracts, VIP customer support, a final expert editing, and so forth.
Types of Services
The only way to get to the full list of MarvelousEssays services is via drop-down menus. These are located on the quote form and also the final order form. We can say that the list is long and includes any and every type of help that students at any level could want or need. To summarize them, we have separated them into two categories.
Most Frequently Ordered
No surprise here. These are the types of assignments/needs that all students have:
- Essays: Whether a student needs a basic essay for an English comp class or a more complex research-based one for any other course, MarvelousEssays claims it has a topic-field expert for the job.
- Research Papers: These are common for almost all courses, and often all come due at the same time. MarvelousEssays again says that it has the subject area scholars to fill the bill.
- Book Reviews: These pesky assignments mean that a student actually has to read the book and then perform an analysis. A MarvelousEssays writer who has already done this can craft this review.
- Homework Assignments: These could be short essay responses, end-of-chapter check-ups, projects, problem-solving tasks, or tougher STEM assignments.
- Online Coursework: This has become more in demand since COVID-19 hit. MarvelousEssays has topic area specialists to take these courses.
- Test-Taking: Some students just clutch during tests. MarvelousEssays test-takers don’t.
- Admissions Essays/Materials: MarvelousEssays states that it has a creative writing department that will turn those essay prompts into pieces that will stand out in the crowd. It provides undergrad admissions essays, personal statements for grad admissions, and other pieces, such as goal statements, for students who struggle.
- Editing/Proofreading: lots of students craft their own writing assignments. But they also know that they have writing issues. MarvelousEssays will assign the most suitable editor to review, fix, and polish those pieces.
Less Frequently Ordered
These are pieces that higher level students may need:
- Research proposals
- Annotated bibliographies
- Internship application essays
- Thesis sections
- Dissertation chapters
- Case Studies
- STEM projects
- White papers
- Business/marketing plans
- Grant proposals
- Lab reports
- Content for websites and portfolios
It’s easy to see that MarvelousEssays offers it all. If the quality is also there, then this could be the right place for students to “land.” Let’s speak to that.
- MarvelousEssays addresses the quality of its writers on its site. They are all degreed scholars, holding bachelors through Ph.D. diplomas with plenty of experience in academic writing. They are assigned to orders on the basis of their degrees and experience.
- Sample writings on the MarvelousEssays.com website include various types of products at various grade levels. We read several and encourage students to do the same. Our conclusion is that these reflect different levels of quality. While some are well done, others lack thesis statements and logical flow of ideas. We also found some grammatical errors suggestive of ESL writers.
- We put out a call for customer responses and got several. ESL students were happy; high school students were happy. As levels of schooling went up, though, there was less satisfaction.
MarvelousEssays provides safe methods for students to make payments. As soon as a student clicks “make a payment,” he is directed to an outside processing firm with the SSL certifications and the technology to protect financial information.
There are 8 cards that students can use to make a payment. What we would like to see is a couple of the more popular methods that consumers trust – perhaps Apple Pay and PayPal – companies that will securely process payments from most any card.
MarvelousEssays.com has the standard guarantees that reputable writing services have. We like that their policies are written in simple, understandable language. Here’s a quick summary.
- Revisions: MarvelousEssays does accept requests for revisions. These are free if that request is made within two days of delivery. This can only be altered if students have paid the $2.00 add-on fee to increase the time to 6 days.
- No Plagiarism: Like many others, MarvelousEssays has its own plagiarism scanning software. All pieces are run through this when finished.
- Privacy: This is important to many students. They submit their names, emails, and phone numbers upon registration. But they then get an ID number to use. MarvelousEssays stores their information securely and doesn’t share.
- Delivery: We have an issue here. MarvelousEssays says it never misses a deadline. And it does not provide any recourse if a deadline is missed.
- Refunds: This guarantee is explained in the Terms and Conditions Agreement. It is very specific, and students must read it to know if they qualify for any type of refund.
Is Site Legit?
Yes, it is. MarvelousEssays.com represents a company that has been in business for four years as a part of a large company, Writology Ltd, located in Cyprus. That company has been in business for 6 years and owns several writing services.
The MarvelousEssays website presents an honest portrayal of the company through its content.
- Large pool of writers as part of a larger organization
- Direct communication with writers
- Safety and security of personal and financial information
- 24/7 customer service department
- Policies in simple language
- Services may not be satisfactory to upper-level students
- No recourse if deadlines not met
- Very short deadline for revision requests
To Sum Up
MarvelousEssays.com is an established writing service with a website that gives students clear information about its products, its processes, and its policies. ESL and lower-level students are quite satisfied with the quality they get. We hope that students have read this review in its entirety before they decide if MarvelousEssays is a fit for them. We also invite students to read some of our other reviews, so they can see all of the options they have.