StudyBay Review: a Close Look at Writing Services Provider
- Best for High School students
- Fast Delivery Option
- 24/7 support
- Free Title page
Studybay.com has been in the writing service business for seven years – plenty of time to have established a history for itself and for us to take a good long look at the quality of products it produces and how it serves its customers. This StudyBay review is the compilation of all of the elements that we use to evaluate and rate writing services – everything we view on the company website, information about writers, samples, if available, pricing and benefits, policies and guarantees, a piece of writing from a customer if we can get one, and comments and feedback that we solicit and that we find out on the web. We have written up all that we have found about StudyBay, in the hopes that it will help you decide whether this is a writing service that you want to use. Read on and learn.
In a word, there is no set pricing structure on StudyBay.com, as is usually found on other writing service websites. This is because StudyBay has a unique model. Students complete the order form on the site, and it is then posted for the company’s registered writers to bid on – sort of like a job board. Ponce a student accepts a bid, the company tacks on a “service fee,” payment is made, and the writer goes to work. While we did not order a paper, we did go through the bidding process. We were surprised at the wide variance of bid prices – some too low for the industry and some pretty pricey.
StudyBay Offers Comprehensive Academic Services
The array of products and services is impressive. Students can order anything from a basic essay to term and research papers, literary analyses, book reviews, presentations, lab reports, case studies, and more. Further, there are writers for admissions and scholarship essays, for editing and proofreading, and for help with homework assignments and multiple-choice tests.
Once orders are posted, the bids roll in. The writers write their own bios and profiles, and they are pretty amazing for a writing service. Most refer to themselves as “professor” or “Dr.” And many of them list themselves as graduates of top-notch universities – Wharton School of Business, Columbia University, Stanford, and such. This was a big red flag for us because graduates of these schools would probably not be working for a writing service when they could far more working in their career fields. Evidently, they are making up fictional bios, and StudyBay is not bothering to check those credentials. This “smacks” of poor quality control and is not a good sign.
Students can “interview” the bidders before making a decision, but this puts a lot of responsibility on the customer for asking the right questions and making a good choice.
Standard payment options are offered at StudyBay. All major bank cards, as well as PayPal, are accepted. We did learn that the company uses a secure third-party payment processor, and students can feel safe providing their financial information.
What They Guarantee and If You Can Trust It
There are policies and other documents on the StudyBay website that do relate to rights and responsibilities of the company and its customers, as well as some guarantees. In short, these are as follows:
- Students can request revisions within three days after they receive their final draft of a piece. This is short in comparison to most other services.
- Refunds are solely at the discretion of the company, and the use agreement lists plagiarism or failure to complete an order as the main causes for refunds.
- There is a document that addresses the rules and responsibilities for StudyBay writers. A lot of it relates to how writers apply to be registered on the site and how they should submit bids. There are guidelines for working with customers, etc., but it doesn’t seem that the company is involved in enforcing any of these things.
Is It Legit?
We can say that there is nothing fraudulent about StudyBay.com. It is a legally registered company, accepts orders from students, and posts those orders for their writers to bid on. If students have an issue, there is an email address to contact the administrators, but this is the least they can do to collect a 40% fee.
Being legitimate and scam-free does not mean that quality of writers and products is high. And from customer reviews and comments that we have received or sought, the feedback on quality is really mixed. Some students were pleased with their products, but an awful lot were not. And, they complained that they had little recourse when things went badly. We did review one piece that an unhappy customer provided, and it was, frankly, pretty poor. Ir was a research essay at the college level. There was no clear thesis statement, and there were errors in transitions, sentence structure, and word usage that indicated a foreign writer. Further, the resources would have been suitable for a high school paper, not college.
The issues with this business model are common, and StudyBay has them all.
- There is no quality control over writers nor apparent attempts to verify their backgrounds and degrees. And this results in a wide variance in levels of customer satisfaction. If a student makes a good choice, he gets a good product; if not, he is doomed.
- Students are not skilled in asking the right questions and “reading between the lines” as they speak with candidates. They often end up going with the lowest bid price and are sorry afterward. StudyBay should at least have a section on its website that “schools” students in how to make a good choice.
If StudyBay wants to improve its reputation, it would do the following:
- Perform verification checks on writers who wish to be registered, so that their bios and profiles are honest.
- Set up a customer support department that is involved in ensuring that the customer is satisfied and that, if there are complaints or issues, they can speak with a live person.
Unfortunately, StudyBay has chosen not to do these things, and quality does suffer.
Pros and Cons
- com website is well designed and easy to navigate
- There is a blog that has some great articles of interest
- Payment methods and protection of privacy are some of the best in the industry
We regret that there are far more “cons” than “pros” as we give the overall picture of StudyBay.
- Students do not have the skills to separate out the good from the bad relative to writers, and they have no way to verify writers’ claims about degrees and writing history.
- There is very little customer support when students have questions or issues. They are dealing only with their writers and are, basically, on their own.
- Quality varies so much and is fully dependent upon the writer who is chosen by the student. StudyBay owners and administrators are clearly passive in their operations.
StudyBay has a lot of improvement to make in order to get a recommendation from us. There are just too many problems with consistent quality, with exaggerated and probably downright false bios and profiles, and with lack of customer support and student recourse when they are not happy. Instead of using StudyBay.com, we urge you to read other reviews on our site, about writing services that we rate highly. We know you will find a good one for your needs.