WiseEssays Review: Are there Any Pitfalls of Working with this Company?
- Free revisions
- Free Title page
We came across Wiseessays.com a few years ago, as the result of a few students’ comments on our review site. While our goal is to review and analyze all of the academic writing services out there, we know that we will never achieve that – they are just popping up too fast, and there are currently thousands of them. But when students do mention one or ask that one be reviewed, we set about to do just that.
This WiseEssays review is meant to give you, the reader, a complete picture of the company, what it offers, and the overall quality of its products and services. The goal is to help you make a good decision as you select a writing service to use when you need one.
Our Step-by-Step Process
We have a standard set of criteria that we use when we investigate and rate a writing service company, and WiseEssays is no different:
- The most important factor is the quality of products that customers receive. And that quality is based upon the expertise and skill of the employed research and writing staff. We solicit and receive copies of pieces that actual customers have received and review them for scholarly composition, research authenticity, correct formatting, and, based upon those customers’ comments, adherence to the required specifications
- We review the entire website, all of its content, ease of use and navigation, and user experience on multiple devices
- Looked at pricing, free and fee-based extras, discounts, and compared all of these to companies that are of good quality
- Reviewed all policy pages and guarantees
- Contacted the customer support department on at least two occasions, asking detailed questions about policies, products, writers, and services
- Searched the web for customer feedback, as well as openly solicited comments on customer experiences
What follows is a detailed summary of our investigation:
While it should not be, cost is usually high up on a student’s list of priorities. Many are on tight budgets. Here is all that we found relative to the costs of doing business with WiseEssays:
- There is an entire page on the WiseEssays.com site devoted to pricing. It is clear and set up in chart form. The starting price is $14.95/page but moves up from there, dependent on your academic level, the product type, and the urgency of your deadline. Obviously, the longer amount of advance time you can give, the better.
- There are some nice discounts too – 15% for a first-time customer, 10% for a second order, and then a series of lifetime discounts, based upon volume of orders, and seasonal specials that are offered at various times throughout the year.
- Pricing for various types of writing and services is divided into categories, so it is easy to find an estimated cost for whatever you might need to order. These categories include all of the basic academic products, admissions, and personal statement essays (pretty pricey), editing and proofreading, and more.
- Cost is calculated as students fill out their order form fields, and there are codes to use for eligible discounts. You will have the chance to add fee-based benefits on that form. But you will know your final cost before you submit your order for payment, and customers report that there are no hidden fees added on later.
Types of Services
WiseEssays is what we call a comprehensive writing service that focuses on academic help. Virtually anything a student might need is offered. And everything is nicely categorized:
- Academic Writing Services. Here students will find anything from a basic essay through term and research papers, reviews and reports, analyses, case studies, lab reports, presentations, and more.
- Thesis and Dissertation Services. Masters and Ph.D. candidates will find help with any section or chapter of their projects from literature reviews, to research designs, to methodology, to data presentation and statistical analysis.
- Admissions and/or Scholarship Essays. WiseEssays.com offers creative admissions, scholarship, and personal statements for applications to undergraduate or graduate university programs.
- Editing and Proofreading. If students have written their own pieces, they can submit them to WiseEssays for review and polishing. Edits include a review of structural soundness, thesis statements, logical flow, and paragraph/section soundness. Proofreading will fix sentences and mechanical errors.
- Assignment Help. Students can get help with homework assignments, especially in statistics, other math, hard sciences, engineering, presentations, and more. Multiple choice test-taking is also offered.
WiseEssays offers several ways to pay for orders – all major credit cards, such as Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover, and Diners Club. We did not find any way to use some of the more popular payment platforms, like PayPal, Cash App, or Google Pay. The company should consider updating payment methods. Nonetheless, there is a secure third-party payment processor, so students should feel safe entering their financial information.
We carefully reviewed all of the WiseEssays.com policies that are published on its site. Specifically, we were looking for important guarantees of confidentiality, satisfaction, originality, customization, and the right for customers to ask for revisions until they were happy with their final products. In general, we wanted to see if the company was ethical in its operations. Here is what we learned about WiseEssays.
Refunds: There is a money-back guarantee policy. This gives the specific details of when a customer is eligible for either a partial or full refund. Before you place an order, be sure to read through this policy, so you know when you can ask for a refund. It covers such things as an order cancellation, failure to get your piece delivered on time, poor quality, and more.
Originality: There is no written policy on plagiarism. But it is one of the most important factors in our evaluation. Even though WiseEssays does not have a specific policy, there are several mentions of this guarantee on its website. And customers can request a plagiarism scan report for an additional fee.
Is It Legit?
Our conclusion is that WiseEssays is a registered business, takes orders and payment, and produces those orders for its customers. We have found no evidence that is is a fraud or scam. But we do look for a number of other elements when we evaluate a company’s business practices.
There is a customer support department with agents available around the clock, by both phone and live chat. What we did find, however, is that WiseEssays is probably using an answering service. When we asked tough and detailed questions about dissertations, for example, the agents did not seem to know a lot. We were told to go ahead and place the order and then take up the details with our writer. We prefer to see agents who are employed and trained by the company so that they can answer any question that might come up.
The most important element in legitimacy is the quality of the products WiseEssays.com delivers to its customers. Here is where we ran into some serious issues. We were able to review a piece of writing that a customer had actually received. It was at the college level, and it was a disappointment. There were some glaring errors – no solid thesis statement in the introduction, many sentence structure errors, incorrect word usage, and outdated, secondary resources, rather than the scholarly resources that college instructors expect. When we went out onto the web to see what other customers had to say, these issues were also present. Unfortunately, our assessment of the quality of products is not good.
Pros and Cons
We like to sum up our reviews with overall statements of pros and cons. In the case of WiseEssays, we are summarizing these as follows:
- WiseEssays offers reasonable pricing that falls within the average range for the industry. And its discounts are certainly attractive.
- WiseEssays website is well-organized, easily navigated, and is clear about the products and services students can order
- There are solid policies that spell out customer rights and responsibilities
- WiseEssays has a great blog, with lots of articles that customers will find interesting.
Here is where the “rubber meets the road” for us. We have found some major issues, especially with product quality
- The quality of research and writing is very average at best and downright poor at worst. Some customer comments indicated that, while their products were pretty mediocre, they were able to fix them somewhat. Others stated that they were so poor, they couldn’t use them.
- com should hire and train its own customer support personnel. Answering services cannot address detailed questions and issues well.
- There is no written policy on originality, and there should be
- Payment options are outdated, even though secure. Lots of people want to use newer payment platforms and feel safer that way.
Summing it All Up
There are a lot of WiseEssays features that are attractive. Pricing is good, discounts are liberal, and they do have a reputation for on-time delivery. And their product and service offerings are certainly comprehensive, serving students at all grade levels ane with any type of need they may have. We were also impressed by the website itself – great design and exceptional user experience.
Unfortunately, these great elements are all overshadowed by the fact that quality is just not there. Writers are obviously foreigners whose command of the English language and scholarly writing is limited. This was a huge disappointment for us, and students will find their delivered pieces disappointing too.
In all, we cannot recommend this writing service to students. We urge you to read through other reviews on our site that point to companies that deliver top-notch quality. WiseEssays is just not one of them.